In 1921, Sakura Color Products of Osaka, Japan, formulated Cray-Pas® oil pastels with premium quality pigments, wax, and oil. Today, the finest elements continue to make up the Cray-Pas family of oil pastels. Cray-Pas Expressionist® oil pastels are the standard by which all other pastels are measured. The Expressionist color range allows students, hobbyists, and professional artists to achieve a range of painterly effects. Expressionist oil pastels are extremely smooth to apply, can create broad strokes, and allow the user to blend colors to build texture and depth. The unique Cray-Pas Extender is a colorless oil pastel, further extending any Expressionist color for the continuation of hues.
- Portraits/Landscapes/Still-life/Abstracts/Scratch Art/Sgraffito/Wall Art/Stenciling
- Easy blending and color extension
- Extra fine quality pigment formulation
- Suitable for many surfaces: paper, cardboard, canvas and wood
- Provides full coverage on many surfaces such as paper, cardboard, canvas, & wood
- Not recommended for use on fabrics intended to be washed and not evaluated for cosmetic use on skin
- Meets ACMI non-toxicity standards