Uni-Mitsubishi's 9800 pencil is an original classic in the range known as the 'general writing' pencil. Renowned for its smooth matured graphite it has been hailed as the 'pencil of choice for animators' because of its ease of use. The hexagonal body is ergonomic creating less strain on the wrist and helping the pencil to sit nicely in between the fingers. Although the graphite in the 9800 is the softest in the series, the pencil is robust and the graphite is durable - in fact, the 9800 is used in schools across Japan for extensive periods of writing and school tests. The pencil is a pleasing deep shade of forest Green and is printed with the Mitsubishi logo in Gold foil with the lead grade clearly displayed.
- Box of 12 , 17.5cm length
- The Uni-Mitsubishi 9800 pencil is a high quality Japanese pencil suitable for everyday use
- Contains matured micro graphite lead to create smooth, fluid lines on paper
- Hexagonal body is ergonomic and comfortable for long periods of use
- Printed with Gold foil Mitsubishi logo
- Sold unsharpened and can be sharpened on either end
- [About pencil hardness grades] : A greater percentage of clay results in a harder pencil lead, and lead is graded by hardness. Pencils graded H, F, HB and B are of average hardness. Pencils ranging from 2B to 10B are softer and are used for sketching, while 2H to 10H pencils are harder than average. A common American #2 pencil is equivalent to an HB pencil.
- [These are the lead grades from hardest to softest] : 2H | H | F | HB | B | 2B.